Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Start of an Adventure

I couldn't be more excited to be able to go and spread the knowledge and love of Christ throughout the African continent. There is no where else I would want to be, and nothing else I would want to be doing for the next two years.

I like to think that I know exactly what I am getting myself into. I have been doing as much research as possible, however, I know that there are few real ways to prepare to live so far away from what I have known for the entirety of my life, but I know that there have been many who have gone before me with much harsher circumstances and they were protected and successful.

I can't wait to make some amazing memories, and to meet some amazing families in Africa, and I hope that I will be able to make the most of my time there to positively affect both myself and others.

I will try to keep this blog going, however, I can't give any guarantees.

I encourage you, if you do not know much about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to contact missionaries in your area at www.mormon.org/missionaries

Keep me in your prayers, Ebola is no joke.

-Eric

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eric (mmm, I mean Elder Walls). I wanted you to know that your Greeneville, TN branch family loves you so much! I am so glad that you have decided to make and maintain this blog so that we can keep up with all of the wonderful adventures that you will encounter while a missionary. I know that our Heavenly Father is well pleased that you have made the life choice of serving a mission. I know that you will face many challenges while you are there, but if anyone can meet and overcome them with a smile it is YOU! I will pray for your safety and success in spreading the Gospel to all that are ready to receive it. Until the next adventure, Sister Candice Perkins.

    ReplyDelete