Monday, December 28, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Dear Family,

This will be short since we just spoke the other day, and I think I covered everything on the phone.
  
Christmas was great, and getting to talk to everyone was definitely the highlight of the day! I could hardly understand what anyone was saying because the connection was so poor, but it was still good to hear your voices. 

The day after Christmas I woke up with a very sore throat which has been bothering me ever since. I went out and purchased some honey and lemons to make myself a homemade remedy. It has been helping. Sunday, I woke up feeling really pretty nasty all over--Church was pretty miserable, and going out in the afternoon to teach wasn't fun either. It has been nice to have today to relax and recuperate. 

The Christmas party was fun. I think I mentioned our zone was in charge of doing a nativity scene. It was kind of thrown together at the last minute, without much time to prepare. The best part was seeing my 6'5" companion dressed as a jaguar, carrying Elder M (who was playing the part of Mary) on his back across the room to Bethlehem. My comp's costume was pretty great--we had a one piece War Machine costume (Ironman's sidekick, basically all gray onesie) and a jaguar mask. Everyone loved it!

Hope everyone is having fun back home. Say hello to grandma and grandpa and everyone for me. Have a Merry Christmas!

Love You,

Elder Walls

Here are some photos from our service project. We went back to the orphanage we were at last year and washed the dirty glass bottles the orphans use to drink out of. 


Elder Walls and his comp, Elder F. 

No comments:

Post a Comment