Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas in the Air

Chocolate cake with frosting! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Dear Family, 

The computer just randomly shut down and erased everything I’d been writing---that is so annoying! But anyways, I’m very excited to get to chat with you all on Friday, and I love getting to hear all of your news every week.

It doesn’t seem like long ago when I was with Elder B. and I made my last Christmas call. I suppose a lot has happened since then. I will call you guys around noon (that is 6 PM my time), and then you can call me back. 

This week has been fun and very productive---I think we might have set a mission record, but I’m not sure. We got 20 new investigators during the week (last Sunday afternoon thru Saturday). A new investigator is defined as a new person who takes a lesson with the missionaries and agrees on a set time for the next lesson. We really didn't set out to teach that many people, it just sort of happened. People would miss a lesson we had scheduled, and while we were waiting by their door, trying to call them, we would see someone else looking at us that seemed interested. We would ask them if we could sit down and talk with them and we got a lot of good results. We have more than doubled our teaching pool. We are going to do our best to see them again next week. 

I’ve been busy organizing a nativity scene that our zone is doing tomorrow. It is tricky because we all live so far apart. Trying to coordinate with busy missionaries with limited resources adds to the complexity. I am sure it will go over alright. I will fill you in on it later.

I got your package!! Thank you so much it was so nice! And sorry, but we just kind of went ahead and opened everything as soon as we got it. Christmas Day isn't really much different than any other day here. Most folks don't take the day off from work, and it is still hot and dusty, so we figured we would just go for it. Oh, and Elder P. wanted me to say, "Thank you," for the candies and the mini remote control cars. He said my mom was, "Formidable," which is a great compliment. 

We made a cake and loved it, I will send you a photo. I also made a makeshift flag pole for my American flag, we pledge allegiance to it every morning. 

Nothing else is really new. I’m enjoying myself and I’m happy. I am doing my best to be a good missionary, and feeling more confident in my abilities, which is nice. And I have great companions. No complaints here. 

Looking forward to Friday!

Love you,

Elder Walls

My makeshift flag pole--it probably stands 7 feet tall. We pledge allegiance to it every morning.
(Editor's apology for the choppiness of the photo--something happens when I flip the photos.)
Agbocodji, a new area we discovered in our sector. I got these photos off of Elder F's card.  


No comments:

Post a Comment