Monday, February 15, 2016

Hanging in There

Dear Family,

So Valentine’s Day wasn't anything special here--just a normal Sunday. We went to church in the morning, and did some proselyting in the afternoon.  Honestly, I almost forgot that it was a holiday.

We did have a funny thing happen at church. Before church began, I was trying to play some prelude music on our electric keyboard, however the music stand was missing so I just laid the hymnal over the control panel and started playing. Halfway through, 'In Humility, our Savior,' the hymn book must of accidentally pushed a button and a drum beat started playing fairly loudly in the background. As I rushed to turn it off, I saw the other missionaries trying to hold back their laughter. Interestingly enough, the beat was very well coordinated with the song--same tempo and everything!

Then later in Sunday school one of our amis got up to ask a question. Before she asked it though, she shouted, "Hallelujah!" and everyone said it back to her. I do so enjoy all the cultural aspects of Africa and things from other churches that slip into our church services. It definitely keeps things interesting. 

Not too much has happened this week. We had a few interesting stories happen that would probably be better to tell after the mission is over...let's just say I have a new found appreciation for Bear Grylls. 

Love you guys a lot. I’m doing my best to keep my spirits high for the last few months. The work is tiring, I can't lie, but it is a really good work so I am doing my best to keep at it. 

Love you,

Elder Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment