Monday, February 8, 2016

Finally, The End of a Reign

Elder Walls, N-- and R-- on their baptismal day, Elder F
Hey guys!!

I’m a little pressed for time this week. We played ultimate Frisbee with the Cococodji missionaries this morning which was a lot of fun. I thought I would have the rest of the day to clean, email, etc., however, at noon the office elders gave me a call saying I had to be at a meeting in the office by 5:00. I will have to leave at 4:00 to get there in time, so I basically don't have much time to get anything done this Monday. 

We baptized R-- and N--this past Saturday, which was great. These two will make great members of the church. It was an interesting baptism because the water level in the font was super low. Rather than give me the key to the building so that I could go early to fill the font, they sent someone to take care of the job. I usually allow 3 hours to fill the font, however, I don't think this person started filling the font until maybe an hour before the service was supposed to start. We started the service a little late, thinking that by the time the talks were done, the water in the font would be at a decent level. It wasn't, so we started singing some hymns to fill some time. That got tiring pretty quick, so I gave an impromptu talk. Even still, the water level was pretty low, so I invited N--to sing a solo for us. I was surprised that she actually did. Finally, we had barely enough water. We had to have them each sit in the water, and then we slowly lowered their upper half into the water until they were completely under the water. Of course, by this point, they were completely lying on the floor of the font. Takes skill to baptize here--I've seen a lot of barely full fonts. 

Can you see the low water level? 
The week has been great, I spent Tuesday working with Cococodji in their sectors. I got to see some old friends, including Y--, who was the first person I ever taught on my mission. It was a great day. Many members are doing very well, including L-- and M-- who are still probably some of my most favorite converts. L-- apparently has 3 different calling in the church now. 

In other news, I found the mouse...dead....finally. I’m not sure if it was the poison that got him or what, but his reign is over.

The end of his reign
OK, I m going to send some photos and then jump of quick so that my comp can have some time to email his family. He ran out of time on his account and the patron isn’t here to accept his cash so he’ll have to use mine.

Love you guys,
Elder Walls


PS By the way, it looks like my go home date will be earlier than originally anticipated. It keeps changing--hopefully, I will have a solid flight plan by the 3 month mark. I'll keep you posted. 

Elder Walls (2nd from left) with his former MTC comp, Elder J (in white shirt and tie), current comp, Elder F, (on the right). (Photo courtesy of Amber Jorgensen)

No comments:

Post a Comment